Internship - Fundraising Officer
Are you our new Fundraising Officer?
We are looking for a Fundraising Officer (Internship) willing to join our team for a period of 3-6 months in our office in Copenhagen, Denmark. As a new and ambitious organization, we are working to develop our strategies and approaches including a comprehensive fundraising strategy (both private and public donors) for our projects in Denmark and abroad.
How can you make a difference?
As part of our team, you are going to:
- Develop fundraising plans for our projects and programs with extra attention to the funds’ deadlines (including update our funds’ databases);
- Support the formulation of project proposals to relevant public grants and Danish/international private funding opportunities for our projects in different countries;
- Manage existing donor’s relationships and develop new corporate membership opportunities;
- Contribute to the development of tools, methods and approaches used in the implementation of our Danish/international projects (e.g. Participation Learning and Action, Capacity Building, Training-of-Trainers, etc.)
- Monitor and evaluate deliveries of progress reports
In case you’ll be selected, we are going to formulate your final role description together matching our needs as well as your wishes for professional development.
We expect you to:
- Be enrolled in/hold a degree from a relevant university education such as International Relations, Development Studies, Social Science, Business and Administration etc.
- Demonstrate a comprehensive theoretical and practical understanding of tools and methods used in the formulation and implementation of interventions including logical framework analysis, organisational assessment instruments etc.
- Have previous work experience, including voluntary work, internship or professional work experience in international organizations working with project development/fundraising (preferred)
- Have strong written and oral communication skills in English and Danish; knowledge of an additional language is considered an asset
- Have previous experience in developing and drafting project proposals for Danish doctors (preferred)
What Can We Offer You?
We are a creative, professional and young team always open to your inputs and ideas! During your time with us, you are going to:
- Get practical and concrete work experience in fundraising within an international non-profit organisation working for vulnerable communities around the world;
- Work in close cooperation and interface with our international and multidisciplinary team;
- Have networking opportunities with other NGOs at Union KBH, Copenhagen;
- Get involved in a wide range of cultural activities taking place at Union, Alice, etc.
The internship position is unpaid and can be either full-time or part-time starting as soon as possible. Interviews are going to be held on an ongoing basis. As a student intern, we are going to plan together days and hours fitting your schedule.
If you are interested in this position, please send your CV and a short cover letter with your motivation to join our team (max 1 pag.) in English, not later than the 15th August, 2020 to email@example.com with the subject Fundraising Officer (Internship) – Your Name.